I am an Australian Lawyer and head up the Commercial and Succession Law team at Beck Legal.
As a Commercial and Succession Planning Lawyer I advise across the commercial and business sector which includes corporate and enterprise restructuring, enterprise, personal and farm succession planning, self managed superannuation funds, private mergers and acquisitions, business and equity sales and purchases, asset protection strategies, Personal Property Security Act 2009 (Cth) compliance and other strategically negotiated commercial transactions.
I work with many business clients and professional advisers across many industries, providing not just legal but business advice, including:
• Specialised commercial and contract legal advice.
• Succession planning and asset protection advice across many industries including the agricultural sector.
• Transaction support for private mergers and acquisitions, business and equity sales and purchases.
• Corporate advice, restructuring and regulatory compliance.
• Guiding and advising startups and capital raising ventures to ensure compliance under corporation’s law as well as introducing new investors to capital raising ventures.
• Advising and drafting of shareholder and equity holder agreements.
• Joint ventures, supply and distribution agreements.
• Commercial leasing advice.
• Contract reviews and risk management advice.
• Advising on compliance and implementing structures for utilising self managed superannuation funds for investment activity.
• Providing support dealing with banks, employment and industrial relations matters, property and construction, intellectual property law and commercial disputes.
We are a not a law firm.
We are a legal service provider who challenges the status quo by focusing on innovation and benchmarking ourselves against other great businesses across all industries, refusing to only compare ourselves to other legal service providers. To attract and retain great clients you need to run your business like other great businesses.
Integrating you into our business
We put our people first and work as a team as we truly believe that happier, upskilled and motivated people deliver better value to their clients by facilitating more permanent solutions for their clients.
Beck Legal has transformed into an innovation and solution focused business with staff spending more time with clients, building relationships and delivering tailored legal solutions focusing on outcomes. We do not want to be everything to everyone; we are a business focused on delivery of legal outcomes not just legal advice.
Who are we?
The next generation of Beck Legal, Directors Daniel Cole, Matt Barkla and Mark Donaldson, joined forces in 2016 to assure the future of Beck Legal as a leader in the legal sector. They are supported by a team of 35 talented lawyers, conveyancers and client managers who all deliver quality legal services to our many clients.
With offices in Bendigo and Swan Hill, internally we place our people at the centre of our organisation. We are innovative and solution-focused, spending more time with our clients, building relationships and delivering tailored legal solutions. Externally, we are outcome-focused for our clients. We do not want to be everything to everyone – we are a business focused on delivery of legal outcomes, not just legal advice.
Statistics show our industry has seen more change in the past 5 years in comparison to the last 50 years. We have made the conscious choice to embrace these changes, actively promoting our “new law” focus and challenge the way in which things are done in traditional “old school” industry firms.
A Collaborative Forum dedicated to fostering a growth mindset and improved outcomes in the Bendigo business community.